A student who is not a citizen of Australia but wishes to study in Australia requires an Australian Student Visa to satisfy this goal. In addition, any overseas student enrolling in an Australian program for four months or longer needs a student visa.
Australia Student Visa Type
These visas have eight types. Australia Study Visa fees are 535 Australian dollars.
- Independent ELICOS Sector Visa
This visa is intended for international students who wish to study in Australia to pursue a full-time English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
- School Sector Visa
This visa is intended for international students who wish to continue their academic studies in Australia full-time.
- Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa
This visa is intended for international students who wish to remain in Australia to pursue a full-time vocational education and training program.
- Higher Education Sector Visa
This visa is intended for international students who wish to remain in Australia and pursue a full-time higher education program.
- Postgraduate Research Sector Visa
The purpose of this visa is to allow international students to stay in Australia and conduct postgraduate research.
- Non-Award Sector Visa
This visa is for international students who desire to stay in Australia to enroll in a full-time degree that does not result in an Australian award, such as foundation studies or another course.
- Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector Visa
This visa is for International Students who will be enrolled in a full-time course of any kind in Australia and who will be funded by AusAID or the Defense Department.
- Student Guardian Visa
This visa is intended for international students who wish to remain in Australia:
- As the parent or legal guardian of an international student under 18 studying in Australia with a student visa.
- As the parent of an international student over 18 studying in Australia on a student visa, in exceptional circumstances.
Australia Study Visa Requirements
- You should have an authentic passport.
- You should have proof of enrollment in an acceptable course recognized by the CRICOS.
- You should provide an ‘Offer of Place’ letter or a ‘Confirmation of Enrollment’ certificate from a recognized educational institute.
- Proof of having enough money to bear your expenses.
- Proof that you possess good language proficiency.
- Have valid health insurance through OSHC.
- Proof of having no criminal record.
- One must have good character and be able to meet the health criteria.
Australian Study Visa Process
- Create an online application account.
- Log in to the online application account.
- Fill in the details.
- Submit your application.
- Keep your TRN safe.
- Track your application.
- Get your application form.
- Lodge your application in person.
- Wait for a decision.
Australia Education Visa - New Guidelines
The new policies were announced on 20th July 2020.
- Australia has commenced providing student visas to international students.
- Students afflicted by restrictions can apply for a Temporary Graduate visa.
- Classes will now be considered to be conducted online.
- Students can now extend their visa validity free of charge.
- Students will be given additional time to provide their documents.
- Students can now apply for a post-study visa if they are outside Australia.
- The government will help international students who are stuck due to restrictions
All there is to know about Australia Study Visa is mentioned in this blog. There are eight Australia study visa types.